30 June 2009

Library provides inspiration

Jean, my youngest daughter and I went somewhere Saturday morning I haven't been in years -- the Homewood Public Library. It's a shame it's taken so long for me to get there, because we came home with some really good stuff. Jean's selections included a couple of yoga titles and some audiobooks to listen to in the car. Juliana picked up a couple of books for tweens which she finished in a single sitting. I picked up the Marvel Zombies 2 trade paperback, a couple of old "Avengers" TV shows on DVD, and a book I should have been reading on an annual basis for years: The Writer's Market.

As I sat up last night thumbing through the tome, I was looking generally for potential publishers for Committed, but I ended up looking through some of the magazine publishers as well. To be honest, I was surprised at how many different magazines there are -- and for so many different audiences!

So now I have a new source of inspiration for my writing. I'll soon be giving the freelance market a whirl. Seems like a great way for me to add to my income, as well as getting some of my work published. I know it won't be easy, and I don't expect to get everything accepted. So bring on the rejection letters!

No comments: