11 June 2009

Life inhibits art, at least for a while

So, another long silence has come and thankfully gone. It's been almost two months since I've posted, and nearly that long since I've put up an episode of Committed. Life, as they say, has gotten in the way and instead of imitating art, it has been inhibiting it.

What it boils down to is that there has just been too much to do during the past several months, including major repairs to our deck (done by yours truly), continued work to restore an older Mercedes-Benz (also done by yours truly), the completion of Jean's yoga instructor training (I didn't do that, but I was very involved and it definitely affected me), and, of course the coming of the pleasant days of late spring which are plenty enough reason in and of themselves to blow off some work and enjoy the weather before true Alabama summer arrives.

Things have slowed down a bit, and I'm working over the next couple of weeks to bring writing to the fore. I'll be doing this by actually making myself stick to a schedule. I'm tired of waiting for the muse to strike, so I'll force the issue.

No comments: