12 November 2009

NaNoWriMo Update: Day 12 -- Overcoming procrastination

Daily Stats

Day 12 Word Quota: 2,500
Days 12 Words Written: 2,678
Cumulative Word Count: 15,015

Overcoming Procrastination

Thursday was a roller-caster ride. I began the day with the best of intentions, tried to make a mountain out of a molehill of a plot situation during the morning, almost procrastinated myself into trouble in the afternoon, and finally ended up beating my word quota late Thursday night.

Just another NaNoWriMo day at the Kirby homestead.

However, I am very pleased with the day's end result. I overcame some self-sabotaging tendencies, and because I sat down and did the writing, I am now back on track concerning my schedule. That's a good thing.

Now if I can just keep myself off facebook (with the fiendishly addictive Bejeweled Blitz), avoid Twitter, and stop finding months-old honey-do projects I've been successfully ignoring for time without end, I might just get this Snakebit written!

No comments: