25 September 2009

One down, two to go!

One project in the can, two more to finish... and brother, am I tired.

There is absolutely nothing like a self-imposed deadline to get the creative juices flowing. I guess that's why I was up until 3:30 this morning, trying to knock out my interview with Birmingham filmmaker Chance Shirley. His new movie "Interplanetary" has its Alabama premiere on Sunday as part of the Sidewalk Moving Picture festival, and I'll be damned if I wasn't going to get the interview finished and up on the website by this morning. As such, a late night (and early morning, as I was up before 7:00) ensued. I like the end result, I hope Chance liked it as well, and maybe -- just maybe -- it will get a little more publicity for a great guy who makes smart and funny B-movies.

Now that the interview is in the can, I'll be turning my attention back to Episode 34 of Committed and the trials and travails of Tal and Liv Hooper. With some luck (and a lot of caffeine), I'll have that up later on this afternoon.

Once that's done, Jean and I will be finishing up the layout for the October issue of Magic City Blues News. It looks like it will be a good issue.

So enough with the blogging. I've got work to do!

No comments: