23 February 2009

And then there was a post...

OK, so it's been months and months without a post. My attention to the blog has been lagging, to be certain. With luck, and a bit more focus on my part, that will be changing. However, it's not like I've been slacking on other fronts.

One of the things that has been taking up a great deal of my time as of late has been the search for a new (paying) job. While I enjoy slinging drinks at the Pork Palace, it is time for me to move on and find something that is actually in my field. Of course, now is not the best time in the world to be hunting a job, what with the economy in the toilet, but I'm doing what I can.

One position that particularly intrigued me was the job of Island Caretaker posted by Tourism Queensland in Australia. It sounds like a pretty sweet gig: six months on an island paradise, blogging weekly and promoting all that the islands of the Great Barrier Reef have to offer. So, Jean and I made a video and applied. I hope this one comes through!

Another item of business deals with the Magic City Blues Society. Several months ago, Jean and I took over the responsibility of putting together the monthly newsletter for the organization. It's been a lot of fun, and I've learned a lot about Blues music as a result, but it does take a good deal of time.

Of course, the main focus has been Committed. The book is coming along well -- I'm up to Episode 25, which means the book is somewhere around four-fifths completed. I've been having a lot of fun with the writing lately, especially Ralph's history. Making up a story for a 2,000-year-old Anasazi is more entertaining than you might think. I also especially like the bits with Christian and the MME Bathroom Buddy.

And there you have it -- many of the items which have been filling my days of late and keeping me from posting any kind of timely information on this blog. I'll keep on plugging away, and hopefully be posting more information soon!

No comments: